[Starlingx-discuss] [tsc][election] Election process for StarlingX

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:25:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

As the first TSC election is scheduled for Q2 this year it is time to think about the details of the process.

The OpenStack Foundation will provide help with the first elections with the end goal to reach a 100% community-owned election process.

I would like to draw your attention to the wiki page describing the OpenStack election process which we can use as a basis for StarlingX as well: https://governance.openstack.org/election/

Please be aware of differences, such as StarlingX not requiring a Foundation membership to participate in the elections which needs to be reflected on the tooling side as well: https://docs.starlingx.io/governance/reference/tsc/stx_charter.html#elections

I created an etherpad in case the community would like to brainstorm before being ready to submit a patch in the governance repository to describe the process to use: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/StarlingX_Election_Process

Besides the etherpad we can use the TSC calls to discuss the topic further.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó