[Starlingx-discuss] [build-report] STX_build_stein_master - Build # 23 - Failure!

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Tue Jan 22 17:32:17 UTC 2019

That raises an interesting subject. The script in question is a jenkins
script.  Part of a larger build job, which in turn is a part of a family
of jobs that do various sub-tasks.  The editing is through the jenkins
web-gui, and that will not be made accessible to the public.  I'm
troubled that Jenkins doesn't seem to keep an edit history of 'config'
changes out of the box, and I've yet to spot a plugin that adds this
feature.

I've been pondering making the jenkins home directory one big git, with
a lot of excludes for all the build history, logs, workspaces and such.
Has anyone solved this?   A git could readily be published.

In the mean time, the script content can be inferred from the various
build logs.   A successful build would be more informative.  e.g.
http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/master/centos/20190121T060000Z/logs/

<http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/master/centos/20190121T060000Z/logs/>
Accepting feedback/revisions would be another matter entirely.  We'll
probably stick with e-mail to myself, and build.starlingx at gmail.com, for
the near term.

Scott