[Starlingx-discuss] Can not launch instance

von Hoesslin, Volker Volker.Hoesslin at swsn.de
Wed Jan 23 09:59:30 UTC 2019

Ok, after some other hard working starting with my AMD compute-nodes, i will come back to this problem. if i try to start an instance with any typ of security-group the build/launch will fail:

No valid host was found. There are not enough hosts available. compute-0: (RetryFilter) Previously tried: [[u'compute-0', u'compute-0'], [u'compute-1', u'compute-1']], compute-1: (RetryFilter) Previously tried: [[u'compute-0', u'compute-0'], [u'compute-1

after some research, the problem seems to be to my networks are missing "enable-port-security". so, there is no way (for me) to enable this feature. via horizon there is by default no button/checkbox to handle this and CLI calls doesnt work as well:

$ openstack network create --enable --enable-port-security test
Error while executing command: Unrecognized attribute(s) 'port_security_enabled' (HTTP 400) (Request-ID: req-c673e8e6-bf40-49df-8093-ee8015764672)

same error if i try to update network settings:

$ openstack network set --enable-port-security P1
HttpException: Unrecognized attribute(s) 'port_security_enabled' (HTTP 400) (Request-ID: req-87d63162-80bb-49a2-9987-1bf7e6300e82), Unrecognized attribute(s) 'port_security_enabled'

any hints?