[Starlingx-discuss] API requests: stx-nfv

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Mon Jan 28 23:04:20 UTC 2019

Thanks Bart and stx-nfv team,

Here you have the only change resulting from this review
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/633615

Let me know if something else is needed.

> > When we look at the name and description reported out by
> >     curl -i http://10.10.10.2:4545/
> > we have the same name and description between documentation [1] and
> > information via API Query:
> >
> >     Name: nfv-vim
> >
> >   ? Anything to add / change to the name and / or description?
>
> [Bart] The current response seems OK to me.

No changes here.

> > Current Official API documentation [1] includes the following REST API
> > methods under "API Versions" details:
> >
> >   - /
> >   - /api
> >   - /api/orchestration
> >   - /api/orchestration/sw-patch
> >   - /api/orchestration/sw-upgrade
> >
> >   ? Is "orchestration" not expected to be documented even if we have the
> > GET method available?
>
> [Bart] The orchestration level is just a grouping for sw-patch and sw-upgrade.
> The GET method just returns the links to those and that is documented in [1]
> - what else would you want to add?

You are right, nothing else to add, I was wondering if there was missing
information from the migration but no.

> > [ /api ] [ API Query Output ]
> >
> > API queries output shows these API REST methods:
> >
> >   - api/orchestration
> >   - api/openstack
> >   - api/openstack/heat
> >   - api/virtualised-resources
> >   - api/virtualised-resources/computes
> >   - api/virtualised-resources/networks
> >   - api/virtualised-resources/images
> >   - api/virtualised-resources/volumes
> >
> >   ? Our "Current Official API Documentation" does not have "openstack"
> >     and "virtualised-resources", should they be added?
>
> [Bart] Good question. We have never officially supported the openstack or
> virtualised-resources APIs and we know that some of them don't work. I
> would be open to removing these from our API if that would be less
> confusing.

Latest learning showed we have other StarlingX repositories where some methods are
listed under API Versions but not documented so I assume it is ok to keep for stx-nfv.

> > [ Project Repository ] [ Directory nfv-doc ]
> >
> > We took a look at the project repository and we found the "nfv-doc"
> > directory [5] with the following categories:
> >
> >   - Software Image Management
> >   - Virtualised Network Resource
> >   - Virtualised Storage Resource
> >   - Virtualised Compute Resource
> >
> >   ? Since we have our "Current Official API Documentation", should we put a
> > patch to remove this directory? Any reason to keep it?
>
> [Bart] I think we should remove the directory.

Removed

> > [ Project Repository ] [ Directory nfv-tests ]
> >
> > Looking this nfv-tests [6] it includes 3 categories:
> >
> >   - nfv_api_tests
> >   - nfv_scenario_tests
> >   - nfv_unit_tests
> >
> >   ? Is there any restructure required in this nfv-tests directory?
>
> [Bart] No

Thanks

> >   ? Is there any need to think about a general test strategy which includes all
> >     StarlingX projects moved its execution into another place? e.g. Zuul [Bart]
> > Once the basic devstack setup is working for stx-nfv, we can look at adding
> > new testcases to be executed in that environment. This won't replace the
> > existing testcases, but supplement them.
> >   ? Is this directory still valid? If not should we put a patch to remove it?
>
> [Bart] The directory is still valid.

Understood.