[Starlingx-discuss] Data Base Purge

Alonso, Juan Carlos juan.carlos.alonso at intel.com
Tue Jul 2 18:31:58 UTC 2019

Hello,

After create flavors, images, networks and launch instances with openstack commands, I need to "soft delete VMs and entries", but I am not sure what "soft delete" means.
Does it means VMs and other entries should be deleted with openstack commands too? ( $openstack server delete vm-1)
If not what is the mechanism to 'soft-delete' entries?

After create and soft delete several instances I need to purge meta data table of soft delete instances (instances_metadata, instance_system, instance_info_cache, etc).
Do you know what is the mechanism or commands to purge data bases to avoid size over?
If this is an automatically action when delete entries, how can I validate it is actually happening?

I will really appreciate your help!

Regards.
Juan Carlos Alonso