[Starlingx-discuss] system host-if-modify error

Alonso, Juan Carlos juan.carlos.alonso at intel.com
Wed Jul 3 19:33:34 UTC 2019

FYI...

Seems that it is an issue. A LP was opened: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1835115

Regards.
Juan Carlos Alonso

From: Alonso, Juan Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:28 AM
To: Legacy, Allain <Allain.Legacy at windriver.com>; 'starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io' <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
Subject: RE: system host-if-modify error

Hello,

Yes, now the commands are:
$ system datanetwork-add physnet2 vlan
$ system host-if-modify -m 1500 -n sriov0 -N 5 -c pci-sriov compute-0 eno1
$ system interface-datanetwork-assign compute-0 sriov0 physnet2

Then when I tried to create a network attached to physnet2, to create ports attached to this network I got the following error:
controller-0:~$ openstack network create --mtu 1500 --provider-network-type vlan --provider-physical-network physnet2 sriov-net
Error while executing command: BadRequestException: 400, Invalid input for operation: physical_network 'physnet2' unknown for VLAN provider network.

I am not sure why this error, I create data network as vlan. Maybe should be a different type since it is created for SRIOV.
Do you have any idea?

Regards.
Juan Carlos Alonso