[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] July 11th minutes

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Fri Jul 12 15:17:23 UTC 2019

Adding missing reference:

[0] - https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+AND+project:%255Estarlingx/specs

On 2019-07-12, 10:23 AM, "Jolliffe, Ian" <Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com> wrote:

    7/11 meeting
    ============

    We started with a good discussion on specs out for review – [0]
           Specs - what to do with implemented folder - recommendation when R2 items are implemented, move to implemented once completed.

    Looking forward - do we want to rename the folders to release centric or align with rest of project nomenclature?
    	Looking for feedback

    R3 Planning - captures current view of R3 planning - the team felt that this was sufficient for the initial proposed candidate for the upcoming milestone.  Release team to review.

    In
    ==
    Distributed Cloud (deferred from R2)
    Lead: Dariush
    Backup and Restore (deferred from R2)
    Lead: Frank
    Containerized Openstack clients (deferred from R2)
    Lead: Frank
    Fault Containerization (deferred from R2)
    Lead: Frank
    Up version Kubernetes and dependencies (docker, calico, helm  etc.)
    Lead: Frank
    Up version Openstack to Train
    Lead: Bruce
    Intel GPU support for k8s
    Lead: Cindy
    Intel QAT support for k8s
    Lead: Cindy
    IPv6 support for PXE boot network
    Lead:
    TSN support in VM, https://review.opendev.org/655833
    Lead: Forrest
    R2->R3 upgrade
    Lead: Dariush
    This may require a dot release
    Redfish support, https://review.opendev.org/#/c/668300/
    Lead: Dariush
    Infrastructure and cluster monitoring,  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/665208/
    Lead:Dariush
    Revist - email thread need input prior to TSC meeting
    Python 2->3 cutover
    Lead: Cindy
    	- Saul raised concerns with the amount of churn this will introduce.  See email on ML for more details.  We will discuss next week.

    Under Review
    ============
    Containerize CEPH, https://review.opendev.org/656371
    Lead: Vivian
    Containerize OVS-DPDK, https://review.opendev.org/655830
    Lead: Forrest
    Prep/Ongoing
    Multi-OS support
    Lead:  Abraham/Saul
    Intel FPGA support for k8s prep
    Lead: Ghada
    Sysvinit -> systemd conversion/cleanup
    Lead: Saul

    To Review
    =========
    [brucej] Please review the following features that our team plans to work on:
    1) IA platform feature enablement - defer
    Is this strictly a validation exercise or adding additional kernel enablement ? If it requires new kernel functionality what is the strategy to get that into StarlingX  <Yong: Bruce meant things like RDT (Resource Director Technology), SGX (Software Guard Extensions) and EPID (Extended Platform Identification). These features might have to rely on new kernel, so stx.3.0 won't make it and we will revisit them once we get CentOS 8.0>
    2) Performance testing - Could we review this in next TSC meeting?
    Can we get some more detail around this ? <Yong/Bruce: starting from R3.0, could we make something like performance test suite or a test framework for the community? This might include: 1) meaningful performance indicators, things like network latency, fault detection times and so forth. 2) how to measure/test these indicates, documents for manual tests and test scripts/tools>
    3) IOT device management - Could we review this in next TSC meeting?
    Ditto <Yong: Bruce meant the demo WR showned at Denver - managing a small compute node (ARM or ATOM based).would we take it to the next level, enabling IOT gateways and similar devices?>
    Separate disto build from flock build
    Flock Versioning Spec - In progress
    Use PBR - OpenStack's SemVer process