[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes from 7/25 meeting

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Wed Jul 31 13:52:42 UTC 2019

7/25 - Meeting
=============
TSC feature backlog (Bill) - recommend Google Sheets for now, with an option to revisit Launchpad Blueprints (or other) in future
	- (ildikov) Can the specs repo folder and Storyboard tag combination fulfill what we need in terms of a backlog?
	- Google as a temporary solution - need to look for an alternative that is accessible globally

Shanghai room requests - on boarding and PTG
		- 1 Day max - expecting fewer people from NA to attend
		- We should do an onboarding session - a 40 min slot should be sufficient

Project confirmation
	- Ildiko will send a message to the ML inviting input from the community
	- Discuss next meeting

Election round 2
	- Ian will put together a proposal for timing for next week
	- Hold elections in Sep/Oct to get closer to the original envisioned timelines of near the end of first and third quarters
	- Possibility of running the TSC and the PL/TL elections concurrently

7/18 - Meeting
============
Election learnings and dates for second round of elections (Ildiko)
	https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/StarlingX_Election_Process
	Action: TSC to close on timeline for the elections by the end of the month
	Need to consider if we want befor or after the summit and consider the release3 date as well.

Project confirmation - needs to be discussed as we head into the second half of the year (Ildiko)
	https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=Governance/Foundation/OSFProjectConfirmationGuidelines
	https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-confirmation-readiness-assessment-q2-2019
	Action: TSC to do a self evaluation against the criteria

Shanghai PTG room request (Ildiko)
	On boarding sessions are now part of the PTG
	Need time and estimate on number of participants
	https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/shanghai_ptg_survey
	Action: Need to know if the project wants to run onboarding and time required at the ptg. Request input for next PTG meeting

Python 2 - > 3 technical churn - Saul
	Decision: out for R3. Align with centos8 which tenatively is R4
	Centos 8 would  not have python2

Additional R3 Feature Candidate - Brent
	Unreviewed items from 7/11 meeting
	Layered Build
	Decision: In, spec in progress
	Support remote authentication via OIDC / OAUTH2 for k8s api
	Decision: in