[Starlingx-discuss] Upcoming Milestone-3 for stx.2.0

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Fri Jun 7 00:06:14 UTC 2019

Hello all,
We are fast approaching milestone-3 (Feature Freeze) for stx.2.0 which is scheduled for June 14.

The starlingx release team and project leads are tracking a few exceptions and items at risk, but we are driving hard to meet this milestone.
See list here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

We need the help of the starlingx core reviewers and technical leads to review the remaining feature code that is planned for MS-3.
The list of open stx.2.0 features are:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&project_group_id=86&tags=stx.2.0

Please give the first priority to code related to the above list in support of the milestone.

stx.2.0 bug fixes can continue to go in - especially ones with critical/high priority.

For code reviews unrelated to stx.2.0 (code for deferred items to stx.3.0, new stx.3.0 features, enhancements), only passive/disabled code should be merged in master until the stx.2.0 RC1 branch is created (Aug 5). We will leave it to the judgment of the technical leads and core reviewers to determine if code is safe to merge.  If you need an opinion, the release planning team is happy to help (myself, Bill and Bruce).

Regards,
Ghada
(on behalf of the starlingx release planning team)