[Starlingx-discuss] Edge nodes

gao.song gaosong_1250 at 163.com
Tue Jun 11 02:54:48 UTC 2019

Hi Adrien:
    The install document not covered deployment of edge cloud.You need to install the central cloud and sub cloud node using standard configuration mode. Add another subcloud using starlingX GUI to generate sub cloud configuration file, copy this file to the sub cloud controller,and do config_subcloud  $ini_file。Then you get what you want.
    For the second question, it's just related to node number, with enough nodes, you can deploy controller\compute\storage per node. On the contrary, deploy a ALL-IN-ONE can do.

在 2019-06-06 19:31:52,"Adrien Macor" <adrien.macor at hotmail.com> 写道:

Hi,

I'm not completely sure how to deploy edges sites.
First I will first  install my central cloud (https://docs.starlingx.io/installation_guide/current/index.html).
But, then I didn't find how to install, configure, etc the edges site.
By the way, I found this picture:

and was wondering what is the difference between thoses edges? I understand that differents VNFs requiere differents ressources (hardware), I wanted to know where the differences are explained? Is this link right?

Thanks for the help

Adrianp