[Starlingx-discuss] Bootstrap playbook relocation

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 22:49:09 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 5:41 PM Ngo, Tee <Tee.Ngo at windriver.com> wrote:
> Scott helped setting up the new repo. The git history import must have been missed as part of the setup. Does it mean we need to redo the repo creation?

Yes, the process for preserving history in a move like this is to
create a new staging repo with the history using something like [0]
then import that when creating it in Gerrit.  At this point I think
the only way to recover the history is to re-create the Gerrit repo.
Any changes to the initial repo would need to be re-created.  This is
well into needing help from the OpenDev/Infra teams at this point...

dt

[0] https://github.com/dtroyer/home/blob/master/bin/split-repo.sh

--
Dean Troyer