[Starlingx-discuss] Bootstrap playbook relocation

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:48:53 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:15 AM Scott Little
<scott.little at windriver.com> wrote:
> Well, so as long as the Tee, and the authors of these reviews (if
> different), and any other interested parties are all aware of the
> forthcoming history rewrite, I won't object.  The interested community
> should be small for such a new repo.

This is exactly why I didn't just ask fungi to force-push over the
original repo.  You guys get to make the call to a) just leave it all
as-is and continue on; b) force-push my test or another similar
exercise containing the original history; or c) start over from
scratch.  I would recommend b).  The biggest concern I have about not
fixing it is that I am planning to do more of these and want to set
the right precedent and process for doing extractions, especially when
it will be code with a year's worth of history behind to rather than a
few months.  Also, I feel creating a new repo rather than
force-pushing one is mostly-unnecessary work.

If you do choose b), please verify it to be correct.  The
playbookconfig directory compared exactly using diff -rw, the root dir
needed a bit of work.

dt

--
Dean Troyer