[Starlingx-discuss] STX 2.0 (Containerized): Configuring Data network (Provider Network) type as flat fails

Shashi, YatindraX yatindrax.shashi at intel.com
Tue Jun 18 09:21:20 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I have installed containerized STX 2.0 system in my lab and wanted to connect data network. I used default vswitch type i.e OVS.

My lab network is of type flat and I don't have easy access to the switch so I would like to use data network type as flat network.

But when I see in the wiki page it talked about vlan type only. I used the command

"system datanetwork-add ${PHYSNET0} flat

system host-if-modify

&

system interface-datanetwork-assign

"
But I am unable to connect to datanetwork. I see the error like in the attached image.

Have anybody tried with the flat network type or can somebody tell me what could be error or how should I debug.
It will be so helpful for us to deploy and test

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ with best regards,
Yatindra Shashi
Munich, Germany