[Starlingx-discuss] timezone confusion on starlingx meetings wiki

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 19 20:32:38 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-19 19:22:11 +0000 (+0000), Jones, Bruce E wrote:
[...]
> Is the “provides calendar files in a popular standard format” this
> [0]?  I see that there are no StarlingX meetings listed there.
>
> [0] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irc-meetings.ical
[...]

I was referring more to the individual per-meeting files like
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/calendars/openstack-security-sig-meeting.ics
(the overarching .ical file is mostly useful for finding meeting
overlap in scheduling for a large community). Anyway, my point was
not to promote specific technology, but rather to say that it's
possible to coordinate meetings in a common timezone and that doing
so in one which doesn't itself jump around at various times of year
at least provides a stable point of reference and gives all
attendees an equal chance of figuring out what that means for the
particular bit of the planet on which they live (or happen to be
visiting in a given week).

I have no idea whether or not StarlingX holds meetings over IRC, but
the reason you're not finding any StarlingX meetings in the list is
that it's based on
https://opendev.org/opendev/irc-meetings/src/branch/master/meetings
into which nobody has yet added any StarlingX-specific entries. I
don't see any reason, either with OpenDev sysadmin or OpenStack TC
hats on, to consider that an OpenStack-only resource. I expect the
domain name there will switch to opendev.org in the near-ish future
at least, so if the current domain on the site URLs doesn't bother
you and the StarlingX IRC meeting attendees would consider it useful
then please feel free to push up additions through Gerrit.
--
Jeremy Stanley