[Starlingx-discuss] Distro.openstack meeting June 25 2019

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue Jun 25 15:13:39 UTC 2019

*         Bruce to disappear for two months starting July 4th.  Dean to run this meeting in his absence starting July 9th
*         Nova placement changes:

  *   Merged in StarlingX.  Status in openstack helm??? (https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662229/ please review these changes.
?  We are running the separate placement now
?  Please attend the helm weekly meeting to advocate for the pending patch.
*         Final helm override status? (Gerry) - one review out, two more to go - forecast for EO next week.
*         Nova branch rebase (Dean)

  *   Gerry to take a look at the pending PR for review.  Dean didn't build a container image or do any system level testing.

  *   I have done a preliminary rebase of the stx-nova Stein branch into stx/stein.2 [0].  It is passing unit and functional tests but since some changes were required from the current upstream reviews it really needs to be checked out further.  [0] https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-nova/pull/25

  *    I started with upstream stable/stein acd2daa9 (current as of yesterday noon-ish)

  *   Artom rebased the upstream NUMA patches in master so I pulled the current patchset of those

  *   There is a missing import in 635229 that is causing the test failures, I inserted the  commit adding that inline in the PR

  *   There were conflicts in 634605 and 634606 due to ongoing development in master since stable/stein was branched.  I made the obvious corrections, there may be more required that someone who is not familiar with this code (me) would likely miss.

  *   The final pep, unit and functional jobs are running under https://review.opendev.org/#/c/656065/8 and I expect them to pass.

  *   I do believe this requires the extraced placement to be merged so we may not be able to test it in StarlingX until that is complete.  I am hoping this can be tested with just replacing the Nova docker image but I do not have the time to run through that.
*         Orphan instance cleanup patches - has been reviewed by Sean Mooney but not getting reviewer attention now.
*         NUMA API patches - Alex has given +2 but also waiting for core reviewers

  *   Bruce to ping Eric on both of these
*         Bugs

  *   Bruce to ping Ricardo on https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1827692

  *   Bruce to ping Gerry on https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829062 - can this be closed?  And this one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1824167?