[Starlingx-discuss] Mar 5th 2019 Distro.openstack meeting

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue Mar 5 15:29:41 UTC 2019

Overall plan and status tracking document: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-openstack-patch-refactoring
*         Details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1udAtEpQljV2JZVs-525UhWyx-5ePOaSSkKD1CS27ohU/edit?usp=sharing

Meeting agenda and notes for the 3/5 meeting
*         NUMA aware live migration work is pushing to Train.  See Artom's latest update https://review.openstack.org/#/c/635669/

  *   Suggest that we plan to backport the patches from Train to stx.2019.05 once they merge.

  *   We reviewed several different options for handling this situation:
?  Wait for Train - unsatisfying, least effort
?  Carry forks (patches not necessarily accepted upstream)
*         Implement our own patches - expensive, deterministic, leads to new forks
*         Pull from upstream patch submissions - less expensive, risky, less perception of forks
?  Backport from Train to Stein (once the patches get accepted) - less expensive, some risk, less deterministic
?  Nova community doesn't merge things that aren't' deployable or complete
?  We postponed decisions as to which options to apply to which patches - hopefully more will go in.
*         Review LP issues: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.distro.openstack

  *   AR Frank to review the issues with his team and update as needed
*         Review upstream updates: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1udAtEpQljV2JZVs-525UhWyx-5ePOaSSkKD1CS27ohU/edit?ts=5c1933cc#gid=0

  *   AR Bruce to ping Yong Li re: line item 7 "Clean up orphan instances"

  *   AR Yong Li to ask for an exception for line item 9 "NUMA Topology API"

  *   AR Frank re: line item 30 "RPC timeout handling" please have this re-tested

  *   AR Bruce to ping Yan re: line item 34 "CSRF AngularJS Fixes"