[Starlingx-discuss] Notes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distro meeting, 3/6

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Mar 6 14:26:23 UTC 2019

Agenda & Notes for 3/6 meeting:
    1. Ceph upgrade status (Ovidiu/Daniel, Changcheng/Tingjie)
    update: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-ceph-uprev-mimic
    Ceph build for ceph sub-module: patch uploaded. 3 PR and 1 patch in manifest pending merge.
    made the change to achieve download tar.gz, the changes are included in the patch mentioned above.
    Daniel still WIP to get 2+2+2 work as expected without WR. Expect to get this done by 3/8.
    will rebase from master to include container support next week.

    2. CentOS 7.6 feature branch merge to master readiness review (Shuicheng)
    Saul re-based the master changes to f/CentOS7.6 yesterday, build/deployment with one issue with network create. Same issue saw in the master build. May related to local docker server. Will confirm it tomorrow.
    Plan is to merge back to master on Monday - no change.

    3. DevStack update (Dean/Yi)
    last two weeks, we've submitted 3 patches for flock serves bring-up; 1 for fault and 2 for nfv under review. Dean also submitted 7 patches. 2 patches to fix the compiling warning due to Bionic upgrade. Devstack by design it is runs on OS independent, but Ubuntu is the most tested one. Zuul in Openstack CI/CD is currently hosted on Ubuntu OS.
    comparing to what we planned, we can enable devstack for flocks services for fault, nfv. Leaving metal and Martin working on this. Due to Devstack switched to new version from Master, thus we may find new issues under new Bionic.
    Ask core reviewers in flocks to review Devstack patches -  patch query: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:master+topic:devstack.

    4. Opens (all)
will do bug review next weeks.