[Starlingx-discuss] Migrating git repos to OpenDev

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 8 20:19:49 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-08 13:09:37 -0600 (-0600), Dean Troyer wrote:
[...]
> To be clear, this means the 'other domains' (git.starlingx.io, etc)
> are not meant for continued use, only set up with redirects?  So we
> need to plan to not use those domains going forward.
[...]

That's the general idea. At a minimum, we don't anticipate adding
any new git.something domain names going forward. I'm actually in
the middle of trying to put together the redirect sites now so
haven't completely worked out how that is expected to function
though it's possible we could keep that name mapped to one or a
couple repository namespaces on opendev.org so I'm not *yet* certain
whether it will necessarily impact addition of future repositories.

I'd say, to be on the safe side, assume for now that any
repositories added after the cut-over will need to be referred to as
https://opendev.org/starlingx/foo-bar or whatever you decide you
want things renamed to. The immediate goal is that any URLs which
were valid before the cut-over will remain valid after but we're
making no guarantees (for now) about things you add after the
cut-over. Does that sound okay?
--
Jeremy Stanley