[Starlingx-discuss] STX performance tests update

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 15:53:42 UTC 2019

Hi team

After some research on the topic and the great help from Numan's team,
I came into this great presentation about how to use OPNFV for
performance metrics (video available at [0]):

https://www.openstack.org/assets/presentation-media/OpenStack-Summit-Vancouver-OPNFV-Test-tools-2.pdf

It was presented on May 2018 OpenStack Summit, Here is described
Yardstick Test Case for performance measurement, They do have a very
good wiki on how to do :

Installation and run:
http://artifacts.opnfv.org/yardstick/colorado/2.0/docs/userguide/index.html#document-07-installation

Description of every test case :
https://docs.opnfv.org/en/stable-fraser/submodules/yardstick/docs/testing/user/userguide/15-list-of-tcs.html

After a quick view, Yardstick has the capability to measure
performance in 3 sections:

* Compute
* Storage
* Network

With multiple tests cases for each one ( slide 13 of presentation )

This is a simple update to keep the community informed about the
progress on this topic, if someone has any feedback, please let me
know.

Numan/ Peng thanks a lot for the document, after reading I realize it
is focused on Tempest ( which is used by OPNFV but as part of
Functest, which is the test framework provided to answer the question:
Does my infrastructure simply work as expected?.

Regards

BTW, sorry for the long delay of an update for this topic

Victor Rodriguez

[0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxMbF8ILl-M