[Starlingx-discuss] Code review of cinder raw cache in stx-config

Fang, Liang A liang.a.fang at intel.com
Wed Mar 13 13:21:03 UTC 2019

Hi Brent

Regarding the raw cache review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/633400/
Currently the code is implemented according the discussion before between Ovidiu and Lisa: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-January/002548.html
The raw cache is configured via "system storage-backend-modify". e.g. system storage-backend-modify ceph-store cinder_raw_cache_gib=10

Your opinion is to decouple openstack from the storage backend. Thanks for your comment.

I take a look of system subcommand, there's no subcommand for openstack currently, at this point "system storage-backend-modify" seems is the best choice. Should we add subcommand "openstack"?  Something like: system openstack cinder_raw_cache_gib=10
Or should we config openstack in other way? Could you please give suggestion on this? Thank you very much

Regards
Liang