[Starlingx-discuss] Offline docker images install?

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Tue Mar 19 14:58:04 UTC 2019

Curtis,

> I apologise if this has been covered somewhere, did a bit of searching...what
> if I want to install all the docker images for stx from an offline file. Was there
> some mention of these being included in the ISO (thought maybe I'd heard
> that), or can I import them prior to installation of openstack?
>
> Mostly I am coming from the perspective of the upcoming stx workshop at
> the openinfra summit. Would like to avoid students having to all download at
> the same time, or all hitting a local proxy, if possible.

> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Containers/Installation ran
> through it today, all good. :)

I do not know about workshop outline and resources the attendees would need to take but here you have one idea
that have worked out for me in workshops:

- It is always good to try the pre-work option, share with a attendees a list of steps / resources to complete before day 1.
   Not all attendees will complete but your network will handle fewer connections.
- If those instructions are shared in advance, attendees can be early involved in our community by asking them to follow our Installation
  instructions and ask them to make changes and fix things for a reward to be delivered in day 1 :)

P.D. You will be one of our reviewers for the transition from the wiki to the StarlingX documentation site.