[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes of TSC meeting 3/28

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu Mar 28 17:55:40 UTC 2019

Hi all;

Trying to get the notes out in a more timely way.  Below are the discussions from today’s meeting.

Reviews to look at:
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/634074/

Next release
	https://ethercalc.openstack.org/pj7rsux1c461
	Curtis - I find the ethercalc a bit limiting for comments etc
	We reviewed a number of items today.
	We discussed we need a better process to work through the list and prioritize - this will be discussed again next week.  Miguel and Dean
	offered good suggestions from other projects.  Next meeting please come with ideas on what process we should use.
	Public service announcement - we are seeking input from users, please see ethercalc.  Also, this will be a big topic for the PTG.

How do we capture STX community contributions to other projects?
	Neutron is a big one - new API extension, dynamic management  of network segment ranges.  Now seeking input
	OpenStack Helm contributions in flight and completed - ~20
	Nova - contributions - Blueprints and bug fixes
	Horizon - 2 or 3 commits, blueprint to come
	OPNFV - did try to track this kind of issue within their community - maybe we can leverage something they learned
	Brent and Bruce going to include in Project Update for the Summit

Summit workshop
	FYI - Blog post is up: https://www.starlingx.io/blog/starlingx-openinfra-summit-workshop-2019.html
	Draft installation guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P4d2eakEgJTyxU4iD_zlKrjAIyRJp23j3ebJT4tpSQo/edit?usp=sharing
	From Curtis - Thanks for the help on the issue I ran into using "docker import" vs "docker load"

Packet project/PoC
	Curtis - Nothing new - MOU presumably being signed in the background
	At some point will need to determine how to manage credentials
	Would like to start thinking about performance testing in some fashion using packet resources
	Next week - Topic - Decide on 1st project and how we get this off the ground

We didn't get to this, but I have added to the Agenda for next week.
	Last - if time - Community related
	Curtis - If anyone knows of any...looking for sponsors for OpenStack meetups in Canada, need food/beverage sponsors for Toronto and Ottawa (OICR and CENGN 	take care of space respectively). OVH taking care of Montreal.
	Curtis - Might do the STX Workshop in Toronto at next meetup, perhaps prior to summit