[Starlingx-discuss] pep 8 issue need to be fixed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 29 12:43:08 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-29 05:35:06 +0000 (+0000), Liu, ZhipengS wrote:
[...]
> When I update my patch for stx-integ, it report below errors,
> which causes "Verified -1 Zuul" Not sure why we have this issue
> now. It is a common issue that I also saw in other patches
> submitted recently. Do we need a new ticket to fix this pep8 issue
> or just disable B009 and B010? Any comment?
[...]

Your tox.ini in that repository seems to include the flake8-bugbear
plugin (with no version specifier) in the deps list for
testenv:pep8. According to
https://pypi.org/project/flake8-bugbear/#history they released a new
version yesterday (19.3.0). Their changelog indicates they
introduced new checks B009, B010 and B011 in that release.

One tactic we take to avoid having these sorts of issues in
OpenStack is for projects to pick what versions of static analysis
tools they're going to use at the start of a release cycle and pin
them like flake8-bugbear<19 for the duration of that cycle, then
advance the version pin at the start of the next cycle to bring in
the latest versions and fix whatever those have started warning
about. This minimizes the chances of disruption at later points in
the cycle when they may more significantly detract from things like
release-focused work.
--
Jeremy Stanley