[Starlingx-discuss] Networking TC to be included in the Sanity Suite

Miller, Frank Frank.Miller at windriver.com
Wed May 1 16:44:07 UTC 2019

Elio:

In my opinion sanity should be a smaller set of TCs that informs the community if the load is useable or not.  For additional scenarios above sanity I’d recommend a separate regression be run (can be done daily as well) to let the community know about other functionality.  Personally I think the existing sanity suite should be split up so that some of the less common TCs move from sanity into a separate daily regression suite.

For the list of TCs you propose I think it should be split into sanity vs daily regression as follows:

Sanity TCs:
•        Ping/ssh  between controllers
•        Ping/ssh from controller to compute
•        Ping/ssh from controller to the storage node
•        Ping/ssh from compute to storage node
•        Ping/ssh from instance to compute
•        Ping/ssh from instance to instance

Daily Regression TCs:
•        Vxlan creation
•        Flat creation
•        Bring down/up management/OAM/data
•        IP change for all previous mentioned networks if is possible

Frank