[Starlingx-discuss] Diagnostic metrics of a healthy StarlingX system.
yong.hu at intel.com
Wed May 15 00:40:25 UTC 2019
I like this idea! Regarding the tech approach, one of options could be to use tools from the community.
For example, Prometheus (https://prometheus.io) looks useful for K8S monitoring.
On 15/05/2019, 8:18 AM, "Cordoba Malibran, Erich" <erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com> wrote:
After some time debugging issues in StarlingX I think it would be
helpful to have a tool (if there isn't one yet) to get a diagnostic of
the health of the system. Something that an user, with a limited
knowledge of the system like me, can run and get the status of the
I would like to start writing some code for this and I have a general
idea on which components to check.
As an initial approach I plan to:
- Check that configuration has been applied without errors: I plan to
check for puppet/ansible logs and look for errors there.
- Check for services up and running: Look at the output of sm-dump.
- Verify the health of k8s: Checking that no pods are in Init state.
- Check connectivity with additional nodes: To check that nodes
booted and has network access.
- Not sure yet how to check storage status beyond "ceph -s"
I know this might be a naive approach and I'll appreciate any guidance
to get in the correct path.
Thank you in advance.
Starlingx-discuss mailing list
Starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
More information about the Starlingx-discuss