[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - Ma 16/2019
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Wed May 22 00:00:13 UTC 2019
Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
Release meeting agenda / notes May 16 2019
- Test Status
- Feature / Regression Test Definition
- From Ada: Regression: AIO simplex and system test domains still pending. Networking domain continue increasing coverage.
- Does that mean that the TCs for all the other domains are defined? When do we expect the remaining items to be complete?
- Is regression testing on track to start on June 17?
- Performance Testing
- From Ada: working on v0.1 of metrics collection system: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005688
- From Bruce: This will likely be minimal for the stx.2.0 time-frame
- Reduce test cycle time
- From Ada: 410 tests automated.
- Are the automated TCs being executed on a regular cadence for stx.2.0?
- What's the cadence of execution? Can the reports be made available to the community?
- The direction for stx.3.0 is to align on pyTest. What's the plan for the current automated TCs?
- Stress & Stability:
- From Ada: no runs due to ISO stability. Will re-program once we get green sanity
- Feature Testing
- From Ada: continue working on tests creation for containers and OpenStack patch elimination
- From Numan:
- ceph: testing in progress by Ada's team
- Ansible: testing in progress by Numan's team. Need update from Ada that they are switching labs to Ansible. config_controller gone by May 31.
- Containerized platform:
- Platform Testing: focusing on this. Expect to finish by May 24
- Openstack Testing: getting some implict coverage thru general testing
- Hybrid: Lowest priority; not started
- Can we get a breakdown per feature please?
- Is Feature Testing completion on track for July 12 (assuming feature merge dates hold)?
- Regression Testing:
- From Numan: spreadsheet created to track results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MoBroFimeQjsJvCC_N_DSLYMQsNZVMzTwAVc5tPy_t0/edit#gid=838066175
- The community focus is on getting a stable load, so focus is on sanity issues and critical/high priority bugs
- stx.2.0 has 102 bugs open
- We can look at scrubbing the list in a few weeks after sanity and features settle down.
- Proposed dates are now available based on the train dates. See: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZFR-9-riwhIwiBYBmWmi1qOVyHtgJ8Xk_FaF2jp5rY0/edit#gid=0
- Concerns w/ stx.3.0 features merging in master while stx.2.0 is nearing release (RC branch creation for stx.2.0 is Aug 5)
- Stability is a main concern
- How do we ensure stability is not impacted?
- Promote/Foster a culture of stability on mainline. Communicate to the community.
- More reliance on automation to catch issues earlier.
- Less focus on feature content and more focus on stability / project adoption
- End-user visible impact (due to new features) is another concern
- Resourcing Contention is another concern
- for both development and test, but especially for test
- Mitigation Options:
- Ask developers to work on feature branches for stx.3.0
- Implement "limited" merge windows x weeks prior to stx.2.0 RC1 (w/ clear guidance to the cores on what code to merge during those periods)
- Create the stx.2.0 RC branch earlier than currently planned. Cost of cherry-picks need to be discussed/quantified.
More information about the Starlingx-discuss