[Starlingx-discuss] Limited code merges no longer in effect

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Wed May 22 15:34:21 UTC 2019

We agreed in the community call today to allow code to merge in stx master given we had two yellow sanity reports.

There are still a few sanity issues that are under investigation, but we agreed as a community to move forward with merges. See below for a list of issues still under investigation.

We ask all developers to be diligent with testing and help us maintain stability.

Please note that code (that is ready) will be merged gradually over the next few days.

List of sanity issues still under investigation:

  *   New issue reported by sanity
?  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829941
?  A better description of the issue is that: After a swact, cannot login to controller-0
?  Sanity hasn't reached this point in a while, so don't know when this was an issue previously
?  Action: Christopher to update the bug with additional info and interface configuration
?  We will continue to investigate, but agreed that we wouldn't hold up merges for this bug.

  *   One sanity issue may have been reproduced in WR lab
?  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828896 - Application-apply failed due to error copying secret ceph-pool-kube-rbd
*        not reported for Intel sanity team since fix merged. Christopher confirmed that he hasn't seen this.
*        reproduction in WR was seen on AIO-SX only, not on other configs.
*        Intel sanity has been waiting about 5mins after the controller comes up before running application apply to allow the system to settle down

  *   Any other critical / high severity bugs impacting sanity or load stability?
?  From Bruce -- Ada indicated that she has passing sanity for simplex and duplex. A report to be sent out shortly.
?  From Numan
*        https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829931 - only seen on Duplex
*        https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829933 - only seen on Force Reboot on Duplex
*        Action: Do initial triage to see what the issue is. These issues are likely present in previous loads as well.
*        Agreed to not block merges, but continue to investigate as high priority.