[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (May 22, 2019)
Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Thu May 23 21:19:36 UTC 2019
Notes from yesterday's meeting below and at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-status.
Sanity Status & Limited Merges
- Two issues were awaiting re-test as of May 21 - waiting for sanity team to confirm issues are resolved
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828059 - ceph cinder volume failed
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829299 - SRIOV and Multus images not pulled from local mirror registry
- Christopher confirmed that the above two sanity issues are fixed.
- New issue reported by sanity
- A better description of the issue is that: After a swact, cannot login to controller-0
- Sanity hasn't reached this point in a while, so don't know when this was an issue previously
- Action: Christopher to update the bug with additional info and interface configuration
- We will continue to investigate, but agreed that we wouldn't hold up merges for this bug.
- One sanity issue may have been reproduced in WR lab
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828896 - Application-apply failed due to error copying secret ceph-pool-kube-rbd
- not reported for Intel sanity team since fix merged. Christopher confirmed that he hasn't seen this.
- reproduction in WR was seen on AIO-SX only, not on other configs.
- Intel sanity has been waiting about 5mins after the controller comes up
- Any other critical / high severity bugs impacting sanity or load stability?
- From Bruce -- Ada indicated that she has passing sanity for simplex and duplex. A report to be sent out shortly.
- From Numan
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829931 - only seen on Duplex
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829933 - only seen on Force Reboot on Duplex
- Action: Do initial triage to see what the issue is. These issues are likely present in previous loads as well.
- Agreed to not block merges, but continue to investigate as high priority.
Virtual Environment Sanity
- Saul has asked about this. Any comments from the sanity team?
- From the test team: The plan is to start the virtual sanity again today and run regularly.
Allowing Code Merges
- How do we ensure future commits don't affect stability? << Thoughts from the community >>
- How did we get here? How were the current sanity issues introduced?
- Recent sanity issues were related to ceph upverison, Ansible integration, a variety of other changes
- From Cindy: ceph retrospective would be good once the majority of bugs are triaged/addressed. There are still ~14 bugs open.
- Better coverage of unit testing is needed. This is a key initiative in stx.3.0
Installation Wikis Outdated/Broken
- Installation wikis are outdated (i.e. broken) and have a warning that they should not be updated - this needs to be fixed.
- Bart raised this - currently no valid documentation except for AIO-SX
- Bruce indicated that this is a work in progress
- per Dariush, Tee has sent the info to the doc team, but the wikis are frozen
- how to fast track this for the Ansible stuff - Dariush to ask Tee to udpate Wiki
- Bruce to ask the Doc team about moving this forward as well
- MS-3 is fast approaching -- Date: June 14/2019
- Request for project leads to review their status and come prepared with risks/mitigation plans to discuss in the Thursday StarlingX Release Planning meeting
- Plan Location: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HUwbsaSerzFRuvXVB_qvoGdI0Chx1YiiA2WYHwvIoYI/edit#gid=0
- we'll review in the next Release Team meeting
stx.3.0 Proposed Timeline / Overlap with stx.2.0
- See stx.3.0 notes the StarlingX Release Meeting - May 16: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases
- Next steps for defining content
- more for discussion in tomorrow's release planning meeting
- Saul suggested we send a dedicated email about this
- ask the TSC how far along they are for 3.0 planning (content)
- Action: Ghada to start a specific email thread for stx.3.0 to make it more visible to the community and the TSC -- DONE
Multi-OS Directory Layout for Flock Services
- Victor asked for input - confirmed that this would be done without impacting the current hierarchy
From: Zvonar, Bill
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:31 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: Community Call (May 22, 2019)
Reminder of today's Community call - please feel free to add to the agenda at .
 etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-status
 call details: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#7am_PDT_.2F_1500_UTC_-_Community_Call
 meeting start time in various time-zones: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190522T1400
More information about the Starlingx-discuss