[Starlingx-discuss] About task of integrating containerized Nova Placement into StarlingX
zhipengs.liu at intel.com
Tue May 28 14:07:26 UTC 2019
I'm working on the task of integrating containerized Nova Placement into StarlingX
I really need your guide for the task.
I already had high level understanding for the task.
It should include below steps:
1) Create new container image for Placement
2) Add Helm Chart related yaml configuration for Placement(need time for detail digest)
Need to move related configuration out of Nova, and add some new configurations
Now, I'm Working on the patch of adding chart for placement
Created below folder
Then I will create related chart yaml files. I mainly refer to the ones in openstack-helm/nova/
3) Start placement container in controller and make sure placement service started successfully.
4) Do related modification for current Nova yaml file.
One patch for modifying chart for nova.
5) Integrate to starlingx and start separate container. Debug and Sanity test.
It should be OK to finish related patches in next 3 weeks.
But for code review/merge, it may have some risk.
Your comments are appreciated!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss