[Starlingx-discuss] Distro.openstack meeting notes May 28 2019

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue May 28 19:55:12 UTC 2019

5/28 meeting
*         The following items are release gating and require immediate attention:

  *   Discussion of nova placement changes - scope of the work?  Can it be completed by June 14? (Zhipeng)
?  Story: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005750
?  First review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/661679
?  Has a first patch done to create a container image for Placement. Zhipeng can consult with Gerry for help with the Helm charts.

  *   is a Nova Stein rebase needed? (Dean)
?  It does look like there are a number of items that have merged into upstream stable Stein.
?  We have two failing tests to fix (below) - we want to get them working before moving our branch to latest.  We think the issues are in Artom's upstream code.  We should propose the fixes upstream once we have them.
?  Ya Wang can take a look at the failure, which occurs in Gerry's PR in the StarlingX Nova tree.

  *   NUMA aware live migration changes - can someone help address the zuul failures in Gerry's backport patch set?  (See above - Ya to help)
*         Bug scrub and review

  *   1829062: Our stable Nova branch (stx/stein.1) is stable/nova Release tag as of right now (28May).  The bug was reported against the latest Stein content.  When we moved our builds to therelease tag this issue no longer occurs but will reoccur if we rebase to latest.  Pulling in upstream backports will pull in the changes that caused this bug to be reported.

  *   1817528: Al to take a look and see if this is still an issue.

  *   Bruce to send out notes to the community asking for input on possibly gating bugs.