[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (May 29, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed May 29 15:40:48 UTC 2019

Notes & actions from today's call.

Bill...

wrsroot

- per Saul, it's working in simplex, not in duplex yet
- general agreement that we'd like to get it into stx.2.0
- Dariush suggested we get a pre-submission sanity done by the PV team
    - Saul to make a private build, how to go about getting PV to run a pre-submission sanity?
    - Jose offered to help with this, if he gets an ISO
    - Numan requested to be in the loop re: changes that'll impact the automation framework
    - ACTION: Saul & Jose will work together on it, keep Numan in the loop

TSC Election

- the nomination period is open until end of this week, see Ildiko's email
    - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-May/004704.html
    - https://docs.starlingx.io/election/#how-to-submit-a-candidacy
    - https://docs.starlingx.io/governance/reference/tsc/projects/index.html
    - https://docs.starlingx.io/election/
    - https://docs.starlingx.io/election/#election-officials
- no candidates as of yet
- if anyone has any questions, please reach out to any of the election officials (Bill, Bruce, Ildiko)
- next week is the campaign - can ask questions of the candidates
- week after is the vote, unless we don't get enough candidates by then, of course

First Contact SIG

- per Bruce, he's looking for volunteers to help new people join the project
- create a SIG to help guide [potential] newcomers
- what's the starting point in our documentation?
- ACTION: Bruce will call the kick-off meeting next week

Actions from previous meetings...

- sanity status
     - Christopher noted that they're not running sanity now since they're setting up for Ansible
          - he has a list of 4 bugs that are currently impacting this, 2 still impacting
          - they're working through these issues with Tee, they're getting closer
     - we agreed to keep this topic alive here until it's boring

- virtual environment sanity
     - Saul's continuing to work through issues, but sanity is running in virtual environment now

- installation wikis
     - Bart acknowledged that Tee's update is on the wiki, per last week's action
     - ACTION: per Bruce, the doc reviews are still in progress, he'll send a link after this meeting

- milestone-3 planning
     - ongoing action as we drive towards the MS-3 milestone

- a place to store (really) large log files for Launchpads - update from the infrastructure team?