[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Election nomination

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu May 30 21:50:49 UTC 2019

My name is Dean Troyer and I am nominating myself for election to the
StarlingX Technical Steering Committee. I have been a long-time
OpenStack contributor, I am the current PTL for OpenStackClient and a
past member of the OpenStack Technical Committee.

I have been working on StarlingX since the beginning of the
open-sourcing effort in January 2018, preparing the large codebase to
be released and analyzing and reconciling the changes made to upstream
OpenStack. Since the initial public release in May 2018 I have worked
on establishing the community infrastructure, and adapting processes
and tools from OpenStack to fit the needs of StarlingX.

I would like to see StarlingX evolve to unlock more of the potential
in the additional 'flock' services and make them available outside the
narrow environment of a fully-integrated distro. This not only
increases the value of these services but makes it easier to evaluate
and adopt them without requiring the entire stack.

I also see value in separating some of the components of StarlingX as
an aid to engaging new contributors. The current requirements for
building the system discourage all but the most motivated
contributions. One of the priorities for the TSC is to grow the
community of both contributors and deployers/operators. This is one of
the specific things that StarlingX is being evaluated on for the final
confirmation as a top-level project in the OpenStack Foundation.

I would be honored to continue serving the StarlingX community on the
Technical Steering Committee as we head into our second year as a
community-driven project.

Thank you
dt

--