[Starlingx-discuss] Train patch elimination

Martinez Monroy, Elio elio.martinez.monroy at intel.com
Mon Nov 11 17:12:29 UTC 2019

Hi guys, i checked everything in the way that you suggested.

MtcAgent.log is showing, im working in a Duplex configuration locked and trying to get sensors from controller-0:

p   ( 601) redfishUtil_get_bmc_info: Info : controller-0 has  2 Processors ; Ena                                                                                                                               bled and OK:OK
2019-11-11T10:38:49.554 [1945193.00281] controller-1 mtcAgent --- redfishUtil.cp                                                                                                                               p   ( 624) redfishUtil_get_bmc_info: Info : controller-0 has 96 GiB Memory ; Ena                                                                                                                               bled and OK:OK
2019-11-11T10:38:49.554 [1945193.00282] controller-1 mtcAgent |-| mtcNodeHdlrs.c                                                                                                                               pp  (6492) bmc_handler             : Info : controller-0 bmc audit timer started                                                                                                                                (120 secs)
2019-11-11T10:38:49.554 [1945193.00283] controller-1 mtcAgent |-| mtcNodeHdlrs.c                                                                                                                               pp  (6507) bmc_handler             : Info : controller-0 bmc is accessible using

cd /var/run/bmc/
[sysadmin at controller-1 bmc(keystone_admin)]$ ls
controller-0  controller-1  ipmitool  redfishtool

cat /var/run/bmc/
cat controller-0
{"protocol":"redfishtool","power_state":"on"}

cat controller-1
{"protocol":"redfishtool","power_state":"on"}

cd ipmitool
controller-1:/var/run/bmc/ipmitool$
controller-1:/var/run/bmc/ipmitool$
controller-1:/var/run/bmc/ipmitool$ ls
controller-1:/var/run/bmc/ipmitool$

edfishtool$ ls
hwmond_controller-0_power_sensor_data    hwmond_controller-1_power_sensor_data    mtcAgent_controller-0_bmc_info    mtcAgent_controller-1_bmc_info
hwmond_controller-0_thermal_sensor_data  hwmond_controller-1_thermal_sensor_data  mtcAgent_controller-0_root_query  mtcAgent_controller-1_root_query

If I check any of the files I got this:

cat hwmond_controller-0_power_sensor_data
  redfishtool:Transport: Fatal timeout waiting for response from rhostTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/redfishtool", line 18, in <module>
    main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/redfishtool/redfishtoolMain.py", line 372, in main
    rc,r,j,d=runSubCmd(rft)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/redfishtool/redfishtoolMain.py", line 449, in runSubCmd
    rc,r,j,d=subCmdTable[rft.subcommand](rft,cmdTop=True)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/redfishtool/Chassis.py", line 157, in ChassisMain
    rc,r,j,d = self.runOperation(rft)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/redfishtool/Chassis.py", line 113, in runOperation
    rc,r,j,d=operationTable[self.operation](self, op, rft, cmdTop=True)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/redfishtool/Chassis.py", line 428, in getPower
    rc,r,j,d=op.get(sc, op, rft, cmdTop, resName)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/redfishtool/Chassis.py", line 234, in get
    sysPath,rc,r,j,d=rft.getPathBy(rft, r, d, prop)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/redfishtool/redfishtoolTransport.py", line 885, in getPathBy
    rc, r, j, d = rft.listCollection(rft, r, coll, prop)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/redfishtool/redfishtoolTransport.py", line 1025, in listCollection
    rc,r,j,d=rft.rftSendRecvRequest(rft.AUTHENTICATED_API, 'GET', r.url, relPath=path)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'url'

So , my question should be, is the redfishtool blocking ipmitool to show the values? Because impitool is showing sensors by itself.

BR

Elio