[Starlingx-discuss] [Networking] StarlingX vs K8S networking question

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Nov 20 02:38:50 UTC 2019

I am at Kubecon this week and met with a potential partner who is interested in StarlingX.  He is very concerned about networking in off-the-shelf Kubernetes and is hopeful that StarlingX has addressed the issues.   I don't know enough about Networking to answer his questions.

In particular, the partner is concerned about how IP addresses are assigned to nodes and thus to pods, and is very concerned about network data path performance in K8S.  He believes that the default model of "everyone can see everything" is not acceptable for enterprises where isolation of applications is important.

If someone who knows StarlingX networking could send me a write up on how StarlingX improves on K8S networking, that would be very helpful for me in further discussions with the potential partner.

Thank you!

           brucej