[Starlingx-discuss] Gerrit Dashboard followup

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 16:47:51 UTC 2019

I showed a quick overview of Gerrit Dashboards in the StarlingX
Community meeting this morning, I added a bit more information and
some documentation links to the etherpad[0].

OpenDev is still using Gerrit v2.13 so the current Gerrit docs will
have new features not available in OpenDev yet.  The version of docs
useful here are at [1] and [2].

gerrit-dash-creator[3] is a tool initially developed by Sean Dague
that takes Gerrit queries written in an INI-format style and
translates them into the rather long user URLs that Gerrit actually
uses. Most people bookmark those or embed them in a page somewhere to
share them.  I have heard of teams using URL shortener services too.

There are dashboards for a number of OpenStack projects in that repo,
including one for an overview of StarlingX repos. (I mentioned a
pending review during the meeting, that has merged and the starlingx
dashboard is functional.)

I have included a simpler example in the etherpad showing the open
reviews for the repos that the TSC usually reviews,
starlingx/governance and starlingx/specs.

I should note that when attempting to add these URLs to the wiki[4] I
was having trouble getting the links to work directly, I have updated
them and they are working for me now.

dt

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-gerrit-dashboards
[1] https://review.opendev.org/Documentation/user-dashboards.html