[Starlingx-discuss] PSA: Docs Howto

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Oct 23 20:55:34 UTC 2019

This is a Public Service Announcement.

If you are interested in contributing to the StarlingX documentation, here are the details for what you need to do.

The Docs team publishes a Contributor's Guide [1] that describes the process.  The documents are in a format called reStructutedText [2] which is a simple markup language.  You should install the "tox" tool on your system, which you can run in your docs repo ("# tox") to check your changes for correctness and to see how they look - tox generates HTML files from your repo that can be found in your browser by opening file://<your docs directory>/docs/build/html<file:///\\%3cyour%20docs%20directory%3e\docs\build\html>, which should look just like docs.starlingX.io.  You can navigate through the links to find your changes and check them out.

Please let me or the Docs team know if you have any questions, and feel free to join our weekly call on Wednesdays at 12:30 Pacific (3:30 Eastern).

Thank you!

           Brucej

[1] https://docs.starlingx.io/contributor/doc_contribute_guide.html
[2] http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/basics.html