[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX distributed cloud documentation for R3.0

Liu, Tao Tao.Liu at windriver.com
Fri Oct 25 13:01:50 UTC 2019

Hi Austin,

The subcloud bootstrapping interface can be any interface that has connectivity to the system controller.  The script we provided will configure the IP and route on the selected interface.

We recommended using the mgmt. interface previously because it would not require configuring OAM prior to bootstrapping, however, the mgmt. subnet would have to be a different subnet than the one that will be configured on the mgmt. interface after bootstrapping.  This means an 'additional temporary' IP address/subnet on mgmt. interface is required for bootstrapping.

The decision to use the OAM interface and IP removes the requirement to allocate an 'additional temporary' IP address/subnet, and it is consistent with a NON-DC scenario.

See inline comments for your questions.

Tao