[Starlingx-discuss] exploration for adding smaller memory node on stx system

Sun, Austin austin.sun at intel.com
Wed Oct 30 14:03:59 UTC 2019

Hi Victor:
     the containerizing is just current approach , as mentioned in ppt shared in google driver, there are other potential approaches.
     If memory is large enough , then not only K8S , but also openstack could be support since openstack are already containerized.
     About external OS package question , I would say currently NO, only need node support docker and Kubernetes.
     Yes, there might be overlaps this task , containerization and multi-os ,  some items can be shared among those projects.
     But the target/goal  is not same .
     Those services are already containerized, so I just use "docker stats xxxxx" to check the memory and cpu usage of those container.

Thanks.
BR
Austin Sun.