[Starlingx-discuss] DNS resolution of instances enablement in the StarlingX

Shashi, YatindraX yatindrax.shashi at intel.com
Mon Sep 2 09:21:15 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Can somebody tell me how to enable DNS in the starlingX to resolve the instances name.

I saw in the openstack documentation https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/config-dns-int.html but unable to associate a port to VM, it fails.

I had changed the configuration file in neutron helm and added as below

1.  dns_domain = stx-mu.org
and also added the DNS external driver in ml2 plugin as below.

extension_drivers = port_security,dns

While researching more about the DNS configuration in the Openstack, I found that Designate component provide DNS as service. Do we have it in StarlingX or any plan for it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ with best regards,
Yatindra Shashi
IoT Technical Solutions Engineer
On behalf of Developer Relations Division, Intel Corporation
Munich, Germany

Save Paper, Go Digital :)