[Starlingx-discuss] MultiOS: replacing tar_scm by obs_scm

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 3 15:49:02 UTC 2019

On 9/3/19 8:37 AM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I propose to replace all the call to tar_scm which is deprecated by
> obs_scm in all _service files.
> I have done a test in my sand box and it works as before.
> Any reason why a deprecated service had been used ?

I got this info from some wiki page, I did not realize that it was a
deprecated service.

> Any motive to not use the current OBS source tool ?

Go for it.  I am working on a Zuul Job to auto-generate the _service
file, I can incorporate your changes into the zuul job when I get it
working locally.

This review is the Zuul job without the _service file.
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/679353/

If your fixing up the fault _service files, I realized that we should
stick with .tar.gz files in opensuse that way we get better reuse of the
tarball.

Sau!