[Starlingx-discuss] Release Plan - stx.3.0

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Sep 4 10:16:39 UTC 2019

Hi all, as discussed in the Community Call & Release team meetings last week, we need forecast completion dates for each of the Rel 3 features to achieve Milestone-2.

The list is below, from the 3.0 planning sheet [0], and we’re also now tracking in StoryBoard [1].

As a reminder from the Release Milestones page [2], the criteria for Milestone-2 are:
- Spec freeze
- Feature plans defined and feature development well underway
- Release test plan defined - including test automation deliverables
- Documentation plan defined

Bill…

Feature [TSC Status, Project Lead(s)]
- Distributed Cloud [In, Dariush Eslimi]
- Backup & Restore with containers [In, Frank Miller]
- Containerized Openstack clients [In, Frank Miller]
- Fault Containerization [In, Frank Miller]
- Upversion K8s and dependencies [In, Frank Miller]
- Upversion Openstack to Train [In, Bruce Jones/Yong Hu]
- Intel GPU support for K8s [In, Cindy Xie]
- Intel QAT support for K8s [In, Cindy Xie]
- IPv6 support for PXE boot network [In, TBD]
- TSN Support in VM [In, Forrest Zhao]
- R2 >> R3 Upgrades [In, Dariush Eslimi]
- Redfish Support [In, Dariush Eslimi]
- Infrastructure & Cluster Monitoring [In, Dariush Eslimi]
- Layered Build [In, Frank Miller]
- Support remote auth via OIDC / OAUTH2 for K8s API [In, Ghada Khalil]
- Sysvinit >> systemd Conversion/Cleanup [Ongoing, Saul Wold]
- Performance Testing/Measurement Framework [Ongoing, Bruce Jones/Victor]
- Multi-OS Support [Prep, Abraham Arce / Saul Wold]
- Intel FPGA support for K8s [Prep, Ghada Khalil]
- Containerize Ceph [TBD, Vivian Zhu]
- Containerize OVS-DPDK [TBD, Forrest Zhao]
- Flock Versioning [Under review, Saul Wold]

[0] 3.0 planning sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZFR-9-riwhIwiBYBmWmi1qOVyHtgJ8Xk_FaF2jp5rY0/edit?usp=sharing
[1] 3.0 planning board on StoryBoard: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/186
[2] Release Milestone descriptions: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Release_Plan#Release_Milestones