[Starlingx-discuss] MultiOS: why not to place our Spec files in git directly

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 4 13:37:42 UTC 2019

On 9/4/19 2:36 AM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as OBS allows to read the spec files from the git repo, would it not be
> a great idea to extract it from there directly ?
> It would allow to get get the same review process allocated to that
> critical files.
> See example here:
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/OBS:Server:2.10/obs-server/_service?expand=1
>
> Thoughts ?

So if I am understanding what your suggesting, we just maintain an
_service file in OBS and the spec file then comes from the SCM bundle?

What about the case that some package has patches?  Or other SourceX:
directives in the spec file do those need to be listed also, it seems
like that might be the case.

Sau!