[Starlingx-discuss] Root Ara report removed from Zuul Jobs

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Sep 5 23:13:04 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

We have removed the top level Zuul job Ara reports from our Zuul jobs. This was done to reduce the total number of objects we are uploading to our swift/ceph object stores as some clouds have indicated the total object volume is a bit high. Analysis showed that Ara represented a significant chunk of that data.

We did not remove that information though. Zuul's build dashboard is able to render a similar report for builds. You can find that by clicking on the "Console" tab of a build. For exampe, here is one for a nova tox job: http://zuul.openstack.org/build/8e581b24d38b4e5c8ff046be081c4525/console

We hope this makes our log storage easier to support while still providing the information you need to debug your jobs.

Note jobs that run a nested ara-report are not affected by this. I think TripleO, OSA, and others do this.

Thank you,
Clark