[Starlingx-discuss] Distro.openstack meeting 9 / 10 / 2019
Jones, Bruce E
bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue Sep 10 13:34:28 UTC 2019
Openstack Train release Oct 16, : https://releases.openstack.org/train/schedule.html#t-final
* TL/PL election
* Transition to OpenStack master / Train - how/when do we do this?
* When - as soon as possible. We can run off master.
* Besides those projects which could be directly fetch from upstream to generate docker images, we might need additional efforts on following projects:
? 0. Create a manifest to pull from Train/master, do a private build and test it (Sanity)
? 1. stx-keystone on host: which was created from a SRPM (e.g. Source/openstack-keystone-15.0.0-0.2.0rc2.el7.src.rpm) + patches
? 2. starlingx-dashboard (plugin into horizon)
? 3. Port stx-nova branches with the latest NUMA live migration patches (which still haven't merged) - pull using the repo tool directly from gerrit (due to the dynamic changes, for example, in Stein, Dean made 2 branches stein.1 and stein.2 in "starlingx-staging") . Latest NUMA patches depend on new features in Train making backporting to Stein hard.
? 4. ironic (having configs in stx-config and patches in openstack-helm, might need efforts to adapt Ironic on Train)
? 4.5. Decide if we need to rebase openstack-helm and when. If needed rebase to the new version
? 5. Verify proper operation of helm overrides- Helm itself may lag the overall OpenStack release. We may find ourselves at the leading edge of Helm Train.
* Live migration patch status
* We need these patches tested on Train - test Nova/Train with the patches applied and verify correct behavior - Ya at 99 to handle.
* Upstream activities
* Nova placement helm chart https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662229/
? Zhipeng: the dependent patch is still waiting for W+1.
* Orphan instance cleanup: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/627765/
? Yongli: Witt concern the safe of this patch. Hard to tell if it's safe for all code flow. Not update due to handle topology's cli code.
* NUMA topology: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/621476/
? Yongli: 9/10 This patch is merged.
? python-novaclient patch is merged: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/670790/
? python-openstackclient patch is reviewing: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/680928/
* Nova Upstream Activities from 99Cloud:
? Wang Ya: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/branch:master+topic:bp/expose-auto-converge-post-copy
* targeted for U
? Wang Ya: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/cpu-model-selection
* targeted for Train
* 3 patches have got one +2, but still need more +2. Ya is pinging core reviewers.
? 99Cloud to update other patch updates
* Defect status / updates
* Two of our open High defects are believed to be caused by https://review.opendev.org/#/c/674719/ which was going to be reverted by Zhipeng, but the revert review has been abandoned. Yong to check with Zhipeng.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss