[Starlingx-discuss] Notes: Agenda: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack distro meeting, 9/11

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Sep 11 13:42:50 UTC 2019

Agenda & Notes for 9/11 meeting:
    1. Ceph containerization status update (Tingjie)
    update the storyboard and now working on helm-chart of rook. patch uploaded: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/681457/.
    verified in local environment (raw helm-chart, not starlingX), integration to StarlingX is WIP.
    sub-task w/ Martin - investigation for Ceph configuration. 36576.
    how many Ceph monitors we have for AIO-SX? Brent: right now we have 1 only (not 3).
    in legacy config, it's one for both SX and DX. AR: Martin to confirm the # of monitors for Ceph in stx.2.0.
    if we go to 3 monitors, it consumes 3GB memory and this is HW resource concerns of go w/ 3 monitors.
    Fermando from Ada's team got assigned to feature testing of Ceph containerization. Tingjie to review the test plan w/ Fermando, and can kick off the testing starting from next.
    ETA: Patch ready for reivew/feature testing/merge. AR: Cindy to check w/ Martin to get his estimation of the task 36576.

    2. stx.3.0 bug review (Cindy)
    stx.distro.others: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.distro.other+stx.3.0&field.tags_combinator=ALL
    1841478: timer waiting for RPC, bug reproduced by Yan.
    1827080: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/678203/ need rework w/ Ovidiu's comments. AR: Tingjie to update the patch to check the reserved space. Need to reserve space for ceph-mon on all worker-nodes.
1827119: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677424/, patch updated to address Daniel's.
1840267: Peng Peng to check if the behavior is expected.
    stx.storage: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.storage+stx.3.0&field.tags_combinator=ALL
1827063 , 1831635 and 1826886 , Tingjie to assign the bugs to other team members.
1842945: newly assigned.

    3. Opens: None