[Starlingx-discuss] Full process to update/add documentation pages (gerrit review push issue)

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Fri Sep 13 21:09:52 UTC 2019

> My workflow is different.
>
> # git commit -s
> <edit commit message, add story number, etc...>
> # git review
>
> The tools want a specific format in the commit message, which is easier for
> me to get right this way.

This is my typical development workflow, using http instead of ssh, Ubuntu account already setup:

user at workstation:~$ git clone https://opendev.org/starlingx/docs.git
user at workstation:~$ cd docs/
user at workstation:~/docs$ git remote add gerrit https://abraham@review.opendev.org/starlingx/docs.git
user at workstation:~/docs$ git review -s
user at workstation:~/docs$ git remote -v

user at workstation:~/docs$ git remote update
user at workstation:~/docs$ git checkout master
user at workstation:~/docs$ git pull --ff-only origin master

user at workstation:~/docs$ git checkout -b abraham-test
user at workstation:~/docs$ git add ..
user at workstation:~/docs$ git commit -s
user at workstation:~/docs$ git review

Best Regards
Abraham