[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Sep 11, 2019)

Tullis, Michael L michael.l.tullis at intel.com
Sun Sep 15 14:22:30 UTC 2019

Answering your questions below about deleted stub topics...

Yes, leading up to the R2 release, some of the empty stub topics were deleted. But the plan is not forgotten or lost. We are queuing up content for a new "configuration guide" landing page that will contain refactored and optimized content that was in the old stubs. These are roughed-out sub-tasks in this story:

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006289

For the R2 launch, temporarily removing some of the stub topics made the left pane nav much cleaner and more usable while setting the stage for our larger plan to cover a variety of topics in the new advanced configuration guide. You'll see the structure for that in the coming weeks when we add the landing page.

For example, the old stubs for OpenStack and Kubernetes with "content coming soon" statements potentially confused users, taking away from the OpenStack and Kubernetes content that does exist in the basic installation and deployment at
https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/index.html. Going forward, the optional/advanced OpenStack and Kubernetes content will be available from the configuration guide landing page along with other topics.

-- Mike