[Starlingx-discuss] [multi os] Need of systemd for adoption of flock services in other os (regression worries)

Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Mon Sep 16 15:28:30 UTC 2019

On 16/09/2019 17:22, Xie, Cindy wrote:
> Concerning SW upgrade needs, do we need to keep DB version to allow these two versions can still communicate?

Obviously moving from one system to an other one would be a major update
and would require a cold re-start.
But activating many security features would require similar cold restart.
This is why having a plugin that would allow to activate the changes
from initV to systemD via DB configuration is the way to go.
The service DB being unique to a cluster the system would remain
consistent until the big change is activated.

Hot update is not easy but can be done, hot upgrade, to be honest, has
been rarely achieved in the real world.

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect