[Starlingx-discuss] Need volunteers for OpenStack upgrade

Yong Hu yong.hu at intel.com
Tue Sep 17 14:02:33 UTC 2019

Hi Ya,
Please see my comments inline.

regards,
yong

On 17/09/2019 9:30 PM, wang.ya wrote:
> Hi:
>
> 36618: Did you mean generate docker image from OpenStack train code and
> test they can work, not build stx from OpenStack train code?

Firstly we generate docker images on the base of OpenStack train, for
each of OpenStack projects, and then openstack-helm will use these
docker images directly, when applying "stx-openstack" application.
You can check files like:
~/starlingx/cgcs-root/stx/upstream/openstack/python-nova/centos/stx-nova.stable_docker_image
~/starlingx/cgcs-root/stx/upstream/openstack/python-neutron/centos/stx-neutron.stable_docker_image

> *36621*: The main code of NUMA aware live migration was merged upstream,
> need we port it to stx-nova? [1]
>
> 36622: I can help with this because I’m using ironic, but I’m not very
> familiarwith stx-config & openstack-helm :(

as a part of 36618, docker images for ironic will be generated together.
so this task is more about bug fixing after upgrading ironic.