[Starlingx-discuss] [multi-os] What is the correct workflow to submit requests in OBS
Cordoba Malibran, Erich
erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com
Mon Sep 30 17:04:29 UTC 2019
I'm trying to send a request to the fm-common project in OBS, however apparently the workflow I follow is incorrect and creates unexpected results
What I do is:
- From the project's web page I click on "Branch package", this creates a branched package in my account
- Checkout the project, I do this with: `osc co home:erichcm:branches:Cloud:StarlingX:1.0/fm-common`
- For this task I'm editing the _service file and testing locally with `osc service run` and `osc build --local-package --no-verify openSUSE_Leap_15.1`
- I delete all the non-needed files and keep only the _service file. Then I do a `osc ar` to make this changes
- I commit the changes with `osc commit`. At this point, I see in the web page of my branched project that a set of files were created.
- I click on "Submit package". The created request not only contains the diff of the _service, it contains the diff of all files created after I did a `osc commit`.
What should be the correct workflow for submit request in OBS?
-  https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Cloud:StarlingX:2.0/fm-common
-  https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:erichcm:branches:Cloud:StarlingX:2.0/fm-common
-  https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/734131
More information about the Starlingx-discuss